RE: Coredump on large emails

2001-12-08 00:24:05
Tuc wrote:
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 7:09 PM

        But its basically hitting the user limit?

It seems likely. If you're using "smrsh" (Sendmail restricted
shell) to
execute "|exec /usr/local/bin/procmail" in your .forward
file, then [...]

What I said about procmail/ulimit having to be under /etc/smrsh
was probably
wrong. I didn't read the docs on ulimitw, so am unsure how it is used in
practice. Still, it seems to me that you'll need something like that in
order to bump the limit on procmail.

      Ok.. I'm open to suggestions. The program pointed to won't run
on BSD/OS (I haven't gotten a reply from the author...)

A quick search of comp.sources.unix came up with this contribution:
http://sources.isc.org/devel/ulimit_sh.txt
which is a patch to BSD's 'sh' to add the ulimit builtin command. Part of
that patch contains an BSD-compatible emulation of the ulimit(2) system call
(circa 1985):
http://sources.isc.org/dirlist.perl?dir=devel/&tarball=ulimit_sh/ulimit_sh/u
limit.c
If you link that in with the ulimitw.c file, and jigger the source code a
bit, maybe you can get it to work for you under BSD.