Re: Auth...port 113 request to clients

2001-12-09 12:17:08
At 13:33 2001-12-09 -0200, Roberto Campos wrote:
My problem is that clients that want's to get their email from our servers
get a request for auth on port 113 like this:

13:28:27.067130 < 123.123.123.4.3325 > 123.231.132.17.113: S
2492781699:2492781699(0) wi)

So this is what i want to stop.

That's great, but surely you know this has *NOTHING* to do with Procmail, which is an LDA, not the MTA or the mail retreival daemon (which you so thoughfully provide the versions of above, but don't mention your procmail version for some reason, not that it would matter). I suggest you read up on your system settings or contact the appropriate forum for your IMAP package.

If you're running imap from within TCP-Wrappers (which is the easy way to limit access to those within your own netblock, and quite probably how you're doing it - see your /etc/inded.conf file), keep in mind that TCPW issues ident requests. ident it an alias for auth (see /etc/services).

A handful of websearches would provide you with an abundance of relevant information.