Re: Nesting INCLUDERC's...

2001-12-26 17:39:21

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, David W. Tamkin wrote:

Paul Thomas wrote, cryptically,

Sorry about all the crypticallity...trying to avoid info overload;)

| :0
| * ^To:.*somebody
| {
| INCLUDERC=/etc/procmail/rc.script

You open with a left brace and close with a right-side angle-bracket?  That
won't work.  Could that be causing the problem, or was the angle bracket

Oop, typo! Shoud've been a closing bracket '}' as I used in the recipe.

So I'm baffled.  What is going on in /etc/procmail/rc.script?

I'm trying to call Spambouncer to filter emails from /etc/procmailrc
on a per-user basis rather than from the home directories (.procmailrc),
and I don't have any previous experience with Spambouncer.

So an example from my /etc/procmailrc to filter my other email box
paul(_at_)cuenet(_dot_)com is this:

:0
* ^(To:|Cc:|Received:.*for).*paul@
        {
         INCLUDERC=/etc/procmail/spambouncer/rc.paul
        :0 w:
        $DEFAULT
       }

And this filters the emails but dumps the emails that survive into
$DEFAULT which I don't want, I have some other recipes below all
this (that work btw). So if I do this:

:0
* ^(To:|Cc:|Received:.*for).*paul@
        {
         INCLUDERC=/etc/procmail/spambouncer/rc.paul
       }

then the delivery hangs in mqueue and mailq gives the error:

 QAA07382      150 Wed Dec 26 16:15 <cueman(_at_)cuenet(_dot_)com>
                 (mailer local died with signal 13)
                                   <paul(_at_)cuenet(_dot_)com>

I guess signal 13 mean 'no reader' to pipe to or something.

The contents of rc.paul is just the procmail.rc included with
Spambouncer...their own suggested procmailrc which sets Spambouncer
to some simple defaults and then calls Spambouncer with:

INCLUDERC=/etc/procmail/spambouncer/sb.rc

It is looking more an more to me like a Spambouncer issue and since
that 'solution' is so complex, includes no users/support list/forum,
maybe I should look at Spamassasin or something else?

Thanks,

--Paul
cueman(_at_)cuenet(_dot_)com