Re: Nesting INCLUDERC's...

2001-12-26 22:33:43

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, David W. Tamkin wrote:

When I asked Paul,

What does a verbose procmail logfile say?  Maybe that can pinpoint how far
procmail gets.

He replied,

| The logfile shows at the end of the sb.rc (spambouncer script), the
| last two things it does:
|
| procmail: Assigning "LINEBUF="
| procmail: No match on "yes" (this one is ok and unrelated to the trouble)
|
| then processing of my /etc/procmailrc resumes as I want it to, then
| after a couple recipes, look what happens:
|
| procmail: Exceeded LINEBUF
| procmail: Assigning "PROCMAIL_OVERFLOW=yes"
|
| Turns out, at the beginning of sb.rc, we have:
|
| # Set LINEBUF to high figure to accomodate large recipes.
| OLDLINEBUF=${LINEBUF}
| LINEBUF=32776
|
| which looks in the logfile like:
|
| procmail: Assigning "OLDLINEBUF="
| procmail: Assigning "LINEBUF=32776"
|

| then when we get to the end of sb.rc, we have:
|
| LINEBUF=${OLDLINEBUF}
|
| which produces in the logfile the above mentioned:
|
| procmail: Assigning "LINEBUF="

Hmm.  Apparently you have procmail starting with the compiled-in value for
the size of the line buffer but nothing in the LINEBUF variable, or your
compiled-in value for it is null, or it's not set at all in the binary.  Now,
I don't know what version you're running, but in 3.23pre the LINEBUF variable
does start out holding an integer value.

I'm still running v3.12.

Please try this at the shell command line in a non-csh shell:

procmail LOG='Linebuf is ${LINEBUF:-null and maybe unset}."
"Linebuf is ${LINEBUF-unset}."
"' DEFAULT=/dev/null /dev/null < /dev/null

From one line on my bash shell, the following was returned:

orbital:~# procmail LOG='Linebuf is ${LINEBUF:-null and maybe
unset}.""Linebuf is ${LINEBUF-unset}.""' DEFAULT=/dev/null /dev/null <
/dev/null
Linebuf is null and maybe unset.Linebuf is unset.orbital:~#

Change that first assignment of OLDLINEBUF in sb.rc to

 OLDLINEBUF=${LINEBUF:-2048}

and please let us know what happens.

Hey, OLDLINEBUF=${LINEBUF:-2048} seems to make it all work now;*)

Thanks!

--Paul
cueman