Re: Maildir Format

2001-12-27 00:33:38
On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 05:43:08PM -0500, Tuc wrote:

        Having a little confusion about Maildir format.  We are looking
to switch to Maildir format from our /var/mail/XXXX format.  It was my
understanding that Maildir used the users home directory, but then
broke each message out.
      hmm.. well for delivery via /etc/procmailrc a
setting of
:0
Maildir/

Delivers to the rcpt just fine using Maildir format.
to their $HOME/Maildir
Hope that helps..

      Seems to do it, but the IMAP server (Courier) is claiming it doesn't
see anything.... I talked to the author, and he said :

"New mail must be saved in the new
subdirectory, not the top directory.  Furthermore, files must follow a
certain filename naming connections, and 'msg.randomglop' is definitely not
it."

RTFM :)

Should be:

$HOME/Maildir/