Re: most efficient way to get rid of all headers except 3

2002-01-02 02:25:24
"Gary Funck" <gary(_at_)Intrepid(_dot_)Com> writes:
Thanks Philip. As an aside, the formail documentation says the following
about the -k switch:

      -k   When generating the auto-reply header or when extracting fields,
           keep the body as well.

Since we're only feeding the (blank-terminated) header to formail,
isn't it a bit of reach to expect -k to pass the blank line at the end of
the header along?

{shrug}  I've been using (and abusing) procmail and formail for too long
to be a good judge of what's a stretch.  To me, once the question is
phrased as "given just a message header + blank line, how do we include
the blank line when extracting header fields?", the -k option seems the
'obvious' thing to try.  I wasn't 100% sure it would work until I ran
a test.

Philip Guenther