Re: procmail spam identifying problem

2002-01-22 11:15:54
Paul advised Jeff,

|  :0 B:
|  * ? $FGREP -i -f $BODY_REJECTS
|  spamfolder
|
| will avoid launching it to grab BODY, since a special condition of "?"
| always pipes the message through the command line anyway.

and then wondered parenthetically,

| (Come to think of it, I don't really know whether a B will affect what
| data is piped to condition command lines.  David?  Sean?  Martin?  Is
| it necessary to prepend the command line with "sed '1,/^$/d' |" to strip
| off the header, or does B take care of that?)

I'm not sure whether a B on the flag line will do it; it certainly won't
affect size conditions, which ignore any H or B on the flag line.  B ?? on
the specific condition certainly will do the job (that works for size
conditions as well) of feeding only the body to fgrep without needing a pipe
through sed or formail to remove it, but otherwise, I believe, the default
is HB for exit tests and size tests, overridable only on the condition
itself and not by the flag line.

This calls for some trial and error unless someone familiar with the source
code (or someone who has already done the experimentation) knows for sure.