Re: Mailstat "Folders" Not Always Folders?

2002-01-24 19:12:33
On Thu, 24 Jan, David got me hunting harder for the file that should have
been created:

Earlier I had followed up,

| For the foldername I've selected ".spamcanceller". This
| folder doesn't exist. That doesn't seem to be a problem. It's apparently
| enough for it to exist in name only.

David rescued me:

If you tell procmail to save a message to a nonexistent location (without a
trailing / or /.) in an existing directory where it can write, it will
create an mbox by that name.

And there it was, a file hidden in folder mail. The file seems to grow by
a blank line with every cancelled spam, but that's all right.
Incidentally, mailstat now reports, with my amended final heading:

  Total  Number Folder [or File]
   1334       1 /var/mail/blackwk
      1       1 spamcanceller
   1335       2