Re: Mailstat "Folders" Not Always Folders?

2002-01-24 20:22:08
On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, David W. Tamkin wrote:

Kenneth continued,

| And there it was, a file hidden in folder mail. The file seems to grow by
| a blank line with every cancelled spam, but that's all right.
| Incidentally, mailstat now reports, with my amended final heading:

Are you keeping the ">> somefolder" on the filtering recipe?  Then that

No, that was gone from the formail line, which reads:

| formail -rf -I "X-Mailer: Bob's Spam Canceller" -I "From: \
     Kenneth Blackwell" -i "Subject: Your message has been deleted" \
     | cat - $HOME/.procmail/spam-msg \
     | /usr/lib/sendmail -t

sucks up the message text, and the filter replaces the message with
nothingness.  It's odd, but it seems that that's what you want.

No, the message (spam-msg) is going out. I've just had a return.

Here are a couple suggestions: you could do the save to spamcanceller
[there's that Canadian spelling again] in raw mode:

 :0f: # if you're appending in the filter recipe, do use the local lock
 * conditions
 | command >> realfolder
  :0Ar # no need to lock when nothing is written
  spamcanceler

Yes, I've adopted the 2nd one, my lines reading:

:0Ar # no need to lock when nothing is written (David Tamkin)
spamcanceller

        I deleted the old file spamcanceller. A new one was created in
mail. Opened, it reads 0 lines. The log reads 0 by this folder line, too,
instead of the former 1. And here's mailstat:

Total  Number Folder
   1332       1 /var/mail/blackwk
      0       1 spamcanceller
   1332       2

        So the setup working even better than before, and I needn't be
concerned with spamcanceller overquotaing the account.

                          KENNETH BLACKWELL