Re: Mailstat "Folders" Not Always Folders?

2002-01-24 19:40:58
Kenneth continued,

| And there it was, a file hidden in folder mail. The file seems to grow by
| a blank line with every cancelled spam, but that's all right.
| Incidentally, mailstat now reports, with my amended final heading:

Are you keeping the ">> somefolder" on the filtering recipe?  Then that
sucks up the message text, and the filter replaces the message with
nothingness.  It's odd, but it seems that that's what you want.

|   Total  Number Folder [or File]
|   -----  ------ ------
|    1334       1 /var/mail/blackwk
|       1       1 spamcanceller
|   -----  ------
|    1335       2

Here are a couple suggestions: you could do the save to spamcanceller
[there's that Canadian spelling again] in raw mode:

 :0f: # if you're appending in the filter recipe, do use the local lock
 * conditions
 | command >> realfolder
  :0Ar # no need to lock when nothing is written
  spamcanceler

or heck, this might work too:

 LOGABSTRACT=on # but not "all"
 :0c: