Re: Problems matching attachment and autoreplying.

2002-02-15 12:38:30
On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Niklas Palmqvist wrote:

- It seems as if the message is still delivered to the recipient, which I do
not understand, it should only be kept in /usr/mailfilters/doc.

- How can I avoid two copies being saved, i.e. once a match save to
/usr/mailfilters/doc and generate autoreply.

These are both the result of the 'c' flag.  It essentially means to send a
carbon copy of the message through the current rule, and then continue on.  So
even if your message matches that rule, the next rule will still see it.

- Looking at the log, there is an error 'procmail: Error while writing to "
(formail -rt ; \', what does this mean?

All procmail knows is that the call to formail failed for some reason.  I
haven't run a test of your code myself, and just looking at it nothing
immediately jumps out at me as broken, so I'm not sure why.  You might try
running some test messages through that command by hand from the commandline,
and see what happens.

Judging from the way you wrote this out, you indend to only run the formail
line if the message is not written to one of the folders, and you never want
the message to drop off the end and be delivered to $DEFAULT, right?

In order to get that, aside from fixing whatever's wrong with the call to
formail, just remove the c flag from your rules, like so:

# Match on name.
:0 B:
* .*name=.*\.doc
/usr/mailfilters/doc