Re: Very basic Qn: How to reprocess Maildir with procmail

2002-02-15 12:33:51
Sean recommended to Edward,

| # (from within the relocated cur folder)
| for x in `ls`
| do
|          procmail < $x
| done

Why an extra process for "`ls`"?  That's not going to give any different
results (nor ease the word splitting problem if there is embedded whitespace
in the filenames) from this:

 for x in *
 do
   procmail < $x
 done

If the filenames have embedded tabs or spaces, then ls can help, but we'd
have to use it differently:

 ls | while read x
       do procmail < "x"
       done

and we'll still have a problem if any filename includes an embedded newline,
but presumably no whitespace characters will be involved at all.