RE: Rule for matching mails from my organization

2002-02-20 10:06:00
On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Kevin Ring wrote:

[...]
The way you describe it, it sounds like this rule will catch anything that's
NOT from aeroglide.com. Is this correct? I need to catch everything that IS
from aeroglide.com and deposit it in the users mailbox. If it's NOT from
aeroglide.com, I want my other rules to check it out before it's delivered.

        Yes it is, all the messages are NOT came from aeroglide.com will
        be sent to a folder named "NOT_HERE", in my example.  If the message
        IS came from aeroglide.com it will saved into the $DEFAULT folder
        OR continue (forward..) to the next recipes.

        If you want to test and see the proccess make a test rc file begin
        with lines:

VERBOSE=yes
LOGABSTRACT=all
SHELL=/bin/sh
DEFAULT=/var/tmp/test-folder

        and run the test:

                procmail ./testrc < a-letter-example-for-test

Bye,
 Udi

thanks for your help, I just wanted to clarify before I start trying this.

Thanks,

Kevin

      Try this:

F=`formail -rtx To:`
        :0
        * $ ! F ?? ()\/aeroglide\.com
        NOT_HERE
}

      () The "formail -rt" catchs the ``return address'' instead of the
         "From", it is short and more accurate.
      () I do not like to use variables with names like "FROM", "TO"
         or "SUBJECT".. but, it is a personal bug.
      () If $F doesn't match "aeroglide\.com" the message will be sent
         to the folder NOT_HERE, the default is what you want.

Bye,
 Udi