Re: Rule for matching mails from my organization

2002-02-20 10:04:26
Kevin asked,

| I'm trying to set up a rule that will match e-mails that come from my
| organization and deliver them without any further processing. any mail
that
| matches this rule should be sent straight to /var/spool/mail/$USER without
| being touched by the other rules that I have set up.

| I'm pretty sure that
|
| FROM="^(From[ ]|(Old-|X-)?(Resent-)?(From|Reply-To|Sender):)(.*\<)?"
|
| :0
| * $ ${FROM}.*aeroglide\.com

| would match any e-mails coming from aeroglide.com (my domain), but I'm not
| sure what the next line should be to deposit it in the right folder and
then
| stop processing the message (if any further processing would take place
| after this action anyway).

I'm pretty sure that such a rule risks a lot of false positives; also the
".*" that you threw into the condition is going to vitiate the benefit of
ending the variable in "(.*\<)?" so let's do this:

 :0:
 * $ ${FROM}aeroglide\.com
 $ORGMAIL

and you'll have to deal with the false positives as the various types show
up.