Re: Looping problem

2002-02-26 13:59:00
On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

At 09:44 2002-02-26 -0500, peter(_at_)compclass(_dot_)com did say:

I understand from other responses that this puts the responsibility
on the sender but I don't have time to keep aggresively updating my
filters.

Then make use of one of the spam filter packages out there such as
SpamAssassin or similar.  Just update it every so often.  That's *FAR*
better than requiring other people to justify themselves to you.

Sean, your explanations and your input are as always, wonderful. I will be
re-thinking my use of this filter but for the time being I have to keep
using it until I have something better. My clients, contrary to being
upset at the need to resend to me, have been asking me to setup this
filter for them after they've seen it work. I see the pitfalls now that
you've pointed them out so clearly and this is why I will continue to look
at other solutions.

Just so you know, when I subscribe to new mailing lists, I will typically
shut off the filter until I have confirmed subscription and add the list
sender address to the OK list. Since you pointed out how this might
befuddle the average non-savvy user, it is definately bothering me.

Thanks again..

--peter