Re: Where should I put the .procmailrc file?

2002-02-26 15:56:27
* Trevor Jenkins:
Don't know about the poster of the original thread but it isn't clear to
me what happens when both /etc/procmailrc and ~/.procmailrc exist.
You haven't dug very deep.  The answer is found right in 'man procmail'.
You're right but it's a very convoluted sentence. Multiple commas some
of whose purpose is doubtful and several nested clauses. Not eh easiest of
things to read.

The relevant sentence in my manpage (procmail 3.14) says:

| If no rcfiles and no -p have been specified on the command line,
| procmail will, prior to reading $HOME/.procmailrc, interpret
| commands from /etc/procmailrc (if present).

Did that passage change in newer versions, or what's so bad about it
otherwise?

/HW