Re: Newbie: Can't get procmail to run from .forward

2002-02-27 15:46:11
On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Jeremy Wadsack wrote:

Original permissions were:

-rwxr-xr-x   1 billing  site73         34 Feb 26 17:05 .forward
-rwxr-xr-x   1 billing  site73        228 Feb 27 10:52 .procmailrc

Let me guess:  You're using a hosted account on a Cobalt RaQ server.

I see the caution on the user's directory there. All user directories
are like this:

drwxrws--x   4 billing  site73       1024 Feb 27 16:50 billing

Just to appease my curiosity, why is procmail concerned about group
writable ability on the user's directory when the .procmailrc file is
not group writable?

Because write perms on the directory mean that someone in the group could
rename or remove .procmailrc and create a new .procmailrc in its place.