Re: Out of Memory errors

2002-03-16 21:54:26
On Sat, 16 Mar 2002 08:31:27 -0600, David W. Tamkin wrote:

| SENDER=|$FORMAIL -b -rtzxTo:

(-b isn't going to do anything without -k, but let's continue ...)

Quite, I've taken it out.

| which happens everytime in the sandbox, and when I took that out:
| MESSAGE=| sed ':a;N;s/^\n//;s/[\n       ]\{1,\}/ /g;ta;' | head -c 134
| which happens whenever the message is UNDER 5000 bytes.

Do you have any variable capture recipes that don't give the Out of Memory
error, Kevin?  On one BSD system where I have a shell account, I can't use
variable capture recipes at all, because they always fail with Out of Memory
errors.  Backtick assignments work.

This is the only recipe that I have that has actually caused this error so
far.

There are other recipes with variable captures, but I can't be sure that
they've been called when the errors are occurring.

Thanks for the tip. When I start to get the errors again, probably in a
couple of weeks, I do some more checks and report back.