exitcode 67 question

2002-04-30 18:02:06

Im still relatively new to procmail.  I looked around the net for
the EXITCODE=67 return code because I get tons of spam like most
people.  I implemented the following recipe in my .procmailrc:

:0
* ? ($FORMAIL -x "From:" -x "Sender:" | $MATCHIT $ADDRESSES/comlist.txt com)
{
    EXITCODE=67
    :0
    | $FORMAIL -A "X-Suspected-Spam: com Caught by .procmailrc, A" \
        >> $MAILDIR/exitcode67
}

where $MATCHIT is a perl script that checks for spam sites etc.

my main question is this, I tried it out on myself to see what the
sender would get back.  I found out that I see what is in my .forward
file getting sent back to the originator:

   ----- Recipients of this delivery -----
Bounced, cannot deliver:
   |"/etc/LOCAL/bin/procmail3.11p4 -Yf- #jeep"
Sent successfully:
   <jeep(_at_)bolero(_dot_)rahul(_dot_)net>

How can I avoid this?  Is there some better way to do an
exitcode=67?

If there is a good website that explains this in detail please
point me to it.  I did a search on groups.google.com and got a
variety of solutions.  I just want to bounce back to the sender
that Im no longer valid :)

TIA,
Jeff