Re: How to change LOG verbosity?

2002-05-03 12:49:17
Sean, the man who puts the Straw into "extraordinary," wrote,

| Sometimes I've thought it would be nice if procmail had the capability to
| "batch" log activity to a buffer so that it could output it in one lump, or
| to use a syslog type facility.

Although this won't help for the blow-by-blow output of verbose logging, one
thing that works for me is to assign variables to the information that I want
in the logfile and spit them to the logfile all at once by having TRAP echo
them.  The stdout and stderr of TRAP go to the logfile unless redirected.