Re: How to change LOG verbosity?

2002-05-04 07:17:58
Sean:
Yes, log entries get a bit interlaced.  I don't know of any way to
lock it
from a script short of putting a LOCKFILE statement at the top of your
procmailrc THEN enabling locking - but that gets ugly when you have
lots of
email.
Sometimes I've thought it would be nice if procmail had the capability
"batch" log activity to a buffer so that it could output it in one
lump, or
to use a syslog type facility.

Hey, great idea.

My LOG-entries all come from LOG=. I could collect everything
in a TOLOG-variable first, and use LOG="$TOLOG" at the end,
but would rather do that through TRAP. Is that possible?

Another idea: prefix your `manual' LOG-entries with (part of) the MsgID,
or with the time (LOG="$HH$NN$SS some-text$NL") from the From-line.

Ruud