Re: Filtering

2002-05-08 12:14:12
On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 04:10:47PM -0700, Eric Bessette wrote:
I'm thinking of something like the following in my .forward file:

That would be foolish, since Sendmail wouldn't know what to do with it, and
likely there aren't any other MTAs that would either. I think you mean you
want to put this in your .procmailrc file.

:0:
* ^TO_<email list>
<save in different mail box>
<pipe to hypermail>

But I don't know how to prevent those specific messages from being saved in
the default inbox.  I'm very open to any suggestions regarding any of this.
However, I'm not subscribed to this list, so please email me personally.

Well since you can have only one action line in a recipe, it's not going to do
that either. What you want is like so:

:0
* ^TO_<email list>
{
        :0c:
        <save in different mail box>

        :0
        <pipe to hypermail>
}

Since the finaly element is a delivering recipe, and there are no more copies
left after that recipe carries out it's delivery, you won't have anything
going to your inbox.

--
Andrew Edelstein                 -              http://andrew.pure-chaos.com

Please do not reply directly to me, or Cc: me on a reply to a list message.
Replies sent back to the list are more effective, as the discussion remains in
front of the eyes of the rest of the list.