Re: extracting RE arguments from the matching string

2002-05-09 16:43:50
On Thu, 9 May 2002, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

Not possible - The 'List-Local' is only being added as part of an exim
driver generated from a fixed number of local parts which can't be added
from the outside world :-)  although, thinking about it, I'd better
document that..!

Ah, so you're saying if someone sends you a message from the big bad
outside world, they cannot add this header?  Good thing Exim removes this
stuff..

No, I'm saying that the rule can only be activated by a mail coming from a
certain IP (and it's behind a firewall and protected by syn-cookies) so
therefore it's safe.  This is controlled by two things:

1) The rule is only activated when it MATCHES a list of local parts
2) The rule only applies to emails that match the specified $sending_host
condition

oh, and

3) stop flaming, luser boy.