Re: extracting RE arguments from the matching string

2002-05-10 01:06:26
On Thu, 9 May 2002, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

1) The rule is only activated when it MATCHES a list of local parts
2) The rule only applies to emails that match the specified $sending_host
condition

Neither of which were disclosed in any way shape or form in the recipe
which you provided this forum.

Correct.  I'm talking about exim rules.  You would need to crack the
sending host.

It appears that you are unclear on the difference between flaming (which
ostensibly includes name calling)

I thought that flaming includes the use of unnecesary sarcasm.  I'll go
and re-read the jargon file.

and reminding people to refer to the
documentation before asking questions which are in fact addressed in the
docs (or as in several recent cases, aren't even a function of this list in
the first place).

Sorry, I searched the docs, but missed the bit about 'MATCH'.  My mistake.
Do I get bonus points for asking something which was a function of the
list?

I fail to see how ANYTHING I've written you would constitute a flame in any
event.

:-)

cheers