Changing my system mailbox

2002-05-11 00:16:13
This is a question I'm sure you have been asked before.

I am running RedHat 7.1 with procmail v3.22.  When I type in procmail -v I
see that my system mailbox is set to /var/spool/mail.  However in my
.procmailrc file I have specified my mailbox to be the following:
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail ($HOME being /md/username).  Whenever I send myself mail
it is sent to /var/spool/mail/username.  I want the mail to be sent to
$HOME/mail instead.  I have read numerous suggestions on the web and nothing
seems to work.  I can't see anywhere on my system where there is a global
procmailrc file anywhere.  Can you please give me any usefull suggestions as
to changing my default system mailbox location.  Maybe I'm an idiot, but
after making changes in my .procmailrc file to point to a new mailbox, I am
assuming to see that the system mailbox has changed when I type procmail -v.

Any help would be appreciated.  We are testing a few different email
solutions to run inhouse and if I can get this working it would be great.

Thank You

Ryan Lindsey
Wavetronix LLC
5314 N. 250 W. Suite 110