Re: ^TO_ is to clever

2002-05-14 09:42:12
On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 11:27, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 17:01 2002-05-14 +0200, Christian H. Kuhn wrote:

I used procmail to provide my brother with a set of eMail addresses.

Lucky him.  You're both aware that Procmail IS NOT an MTA, right?  That's
always a good thing to keep in mind.  When you discover that when you
and/or your brother receive something that was BCC'd it doesn't get
delivered like you want, hold off on reporting it as a bug, because it
ain't one.

I have been successful with bcc by using ^(To|Cc|Delivered-to)
Is there a way to use ^TO_ with an exact expression and not only an
expression that is contained in the address?

Give it a more exact expression.  That, or take the ^TO_ macro and roll it
out yourself.  It'd documented in the manpages, and if you enable VERBOSE
logging, it'd appear in the logfiles...

I'm not going to test it and evaluate what sort of circumstance you might
shoot yourself in the foot with it, but why not require a wordbreak before
the 't' ?

* ^TO_\<t(_dot_)*kuhn(_at_)qno\(_dot_)de