Re: Revised: Re: Is this right?

2002-05-15 11:37:09
At 12:35 2002-05-15 -0400, Poohba did say:
procmail: Score:       1       1 !
"^Subject:.*(dulug|procmail|Daily|yahoo|parport|work|careers|job|free|contest|survey|sweep$
procmail: Score:       0       1 !
"^(To|CC|From).*(procmail|ediet|torque|system admin|belief|monster|cron|yahoogroups|groups

score > 0, so it would have matched and therefore, this message would have been filed away in that mailbox.

It is suppose to keep this email out of that folder also but will not.
This email is in the "email" folder and I don't want that.

It would really help if you provided the logfile excerpt which matches the recipe script excerpt. The above logfile excerpt is clearly for a recipe which uses scoring for the ^Subject match, but the recipe you provided most recently does not. Also, the above log entries include a couple of additional terms for the subject match that do not appear in either of the recipes you've posted, and FURTHER, the log entry for the subject line above appears to be mangled (the '$' at the end of line instead of ')').

Since your problem could lie in a _single_ character being incorrect in the script, it is imperative that you ensure that the script and log are properly matched. Also, the script shouldn't be posted "from memory" - it should be copied directly from your rc file, that way there's less of a chance that you are introducing a typo in the process or subliminally fixing something that is wrong with the script you're actually employing.

The ORIGINAL post showed both being scored, and as written acts as an OR - if the subject doesn't contain the word, OR the cleartext recipient or author isn't one of the handful of addresses, then you'd file it. Personally, I believe the logic to be severely broken.

Also, providing the header lines from the message you're processing would help a great deal, since the above says that _something_ matched, but you're not showing us WHAT. Don't provide the WHOLE message unless asked for it -- just the pertinent lines.

> > :0 c:
> > * !^Subject:.*(dulug|procmail|Daily|yahoo|parport|work|careers|job|free|contest)
> > * !^(To|CC|From).*(procmail|ediet|torque|system)
> > email

This non-scored version says "if the subject doesn't contain", AND "if the cleartext recipient or author doesn't contain".

Here's some truth evaluations for you - please walk yourself through the logic you do for any revisions. The logic values are based on the inverted condition being applied. A logic result of 0 means that the message wouldn't have been delivered in this recipe (but would continue to exist for the next, and since you use the 'c'opy flag, that's a given either way):