Re: whitelist

2002-05-16 13:31:06
On Thu, 16 May 2002, Paul Rodger wrote:

PR> On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 07:41:24PM -0700, Chuck Charlton wrote:
PR> > I have a .procmailrc that works.  I would like to add a
PR> > "whitelist" of From: addresses that I want to receive without
PR> > further processing.
PR>
PR> :0
PR> * ? formail -rtz -x"To:" | egrep -iqsx -f $HOME/.procmail/from-whitelist
PR> $DEFAULT
PR>
PR> ... works for me. "from-whitelist" is a plain text file with one email

I send an autoreply if the from person is not in my whitelist.  This does
seem to be the way to go except for one problem - Klez.  My autoresponder
just sent a message to some innocent soul.  I have a procmail recipe for
Klez and it seems to have lasted just about a week so I need some proper
virus filtering of incoming mail.  I would welcome some advice on virus
filtering - what's available for Linux, what's recomended - to implement
before my whitelist checking.

Alan