Re: I need help configuring procmail

2002-05-20 11:38:43
On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 04:38:36PM -0700, Justin Rickert wrote:
I have RedHat 7.2, procmail-3.22-5, and postfix-20011210-1pcreSASL these
are the most current versions of the rpms from redhat I believe. However
when mail is sent to root(_at_)rickertweb(_dot_)com the message boucnes and
says
the following

Postfix doesn't want to deliver mail to a uid 0 account.  The postfix
aliases file has a little note reminding you to set an alias for root that
is a non-root user that goes to a human.  I think this is the problem.
Postfix was designed to not run with elevated permissions, and I don't
think you should give extra permissions to it or procmail.

Even if its an account called rootmail that does nothing but gets root's
e-mail, having that around is much better than chmod +s 'ing any of the
binaries that aren't already set that way.

Rob