Re: Extraneous Lockfile & Exitcode

2002-05-20 10:54:07
At 10:13 2002-05-20 -0700, Eric Hilding did say:
Tnx so much for the help and clarification, Phillip.  Unfortunately, I
must bounce all non-mailing list e-mail to my name email address because
1,000+ spams per day from too many throw-away accounts has left me no
choice.

Time to join usenet then.

At a minimum, you could permit messages with a references: header containing tokens from your own mail host. While not a precise function (unless you bcc'd yourself on messages so that the filter could store your own messageids, presuming some braindead MTA along the way doesn't change them), it would be a reasonable method for identifying some reply messages.

Next, you aught to create a filter that rejects mail from a variety of freemail services, or which checks that the messageid is appropriate to the From: for the freemail service.

Using a bogus email address for communication with people you're asking for assistance from won't fly for long.