Re: Extraneous Lockfile & Exitcode

2002-05-20 02:27:29
Eric Hilding <eric(_at_)hilding(_dot_)com> writes:
1.  This is one of my AutoReply & Bounceback recipes I recently modified,
but am having a few problems with.

0HB:

I presume that's really ":0HB:", as you would be see different errors
if you had really left off the first colon in your .procmailrc.

The "Extraneous locallockfile ignored" is caused by that second colon.
You've asked procmail to create a locallockfile on a nested block recipe,
but it can only do that if it's a 'cloning' block, where a duplicate
procmail process processes the block.  That's probably not what you want.
Indeed, there's nothing in the block that needs the protection of a
lockfile, so you should just remove the second colon from that recipe
start line, to make just
        :0 HB

2.  This is what I am getting in the pmlog file.  Tried Verbose but just
not understanding it...except that maybe I have one too many ":" in place???

Exactly.

3.  This Exitcode is what I am still trying to figure out how to integrate
with the above, so that reject.txt will be sent AND a bounce will occur.
So many spammers are using bogus "From:" addresses, but unless I'm
misunderstanding the Exitcode 67, won't that create a type of return
message to the *actual* source of origin/IPP ???

Nope.  It'll almost certainly go to the exact address as the message
you're already sending.  Unless you reject the message during the
original SMTP conversation, something which can only be done by the MTA
itself, you can only base your response on easily forged information.
Procmail comes into play too late to do that.

Eric
(please post - direct e-mail will bounce)

If I had noticed this line when I started, I probably would not have
bothered responding.

Philip Guenther