Re: spamming myself?

2002-05-23 09:57:05
On Thu, 23 May 2002, Timothy J. Luoma wrote:

Ok, well spammers have gotten more and more creative.... I'm now getting
spam addressed to myself **FROM** myself.

Anyone got a suggestion how to check for *that*?

TjL

        In 21/04/98  a postmaster from aol asked me about spam which
        came from our faculty domain.  I did not understand what is SPAM
        and I did not know about procmail so, I mad a dir .trap in
        /var/spool/mqueue  and I caught the envelops:

grep -l "xxxyyyzzz" q* | sed 's/.*/mv & .trap/' | sh

        Later I wrote a script to say:

if X=`grep -l "xxxyyyzzz" q*`; then
        mv $X  .trap
else
        sleep 1
fi

        I still keep aol thanks message.  So, you CAN couch the envelop
        and learn it.   And you can take this story as a little oddity
        from the history (when relay was a good feature).

Bye,
 Udi