multi-line matching

2002-05-29 09:06:43
I have a file that I've loaded into a variable that contains data in this
format:

group1(_at_)example(_dot_)com: user1(_at_)example(_dot_)com
user2(_at_)example(_dot_)com
group2(_at_)example(_dot_)com: user3(_at_)example(_dot_)com
user4(_at_)example(_dot_)com

What I need to do is grab everything to the right of the colon from each
individual line.

:0
* RECIPS ?? ^.*:\/.*

seems to get the first line OK.  I'm used to perl so I automatically think
of something like $RECIPS=~s/^.*://gm (strips out everything left of the
colon in the whole of the text).  Okay, so actually I'm spoiled by the
perl regex engine :)  From what I've been reading the procmail regex
engine is supposed to be multi-line but I can't quite figure out how to
get both (or more) lines into $MATCH.  Can anyone give me a pointer?

TIA,
--
Jim Raney