Re: Blocking email with attachments

2002-05-29 13:26:31

At 1:04 PM -0400 05/29/02, Ron Johnson wrote:

 Is there a way I could block emails with certain attachments? Or remove
 the attachment of the message and put a note at the end of it saying the
 attachment was removed or something like that? So attachments with .exe
 files and the like wouldn't be allowed to go through

There are plenty of solutions that will work. I'm using MIMEDefang.

Can you elaborate, please?

www.roaringpenguin.com/mimedefang

It's a sendmail milter - mostly perl (there's a python version of it
available some place. Can't comment on it, never used it.)  David Skoll
is adding to it as fast as he can code (now can call SpamAssassin
and a number of virus scanners as well as HTML sanitizer)

There's a truly superb how-to at

www.rudolphtire.com/mimedefang-howto

And a fairly active mailing list. Much of which is David responding to
"how can I ..." (You can't but I'll add it to the next version)

As I said initially, there are lots of other ways. I picked
MIMEDefang and have no cause to second guess myself.