Re: Processing /etc/procmailrc first?

2002-06-06 13:22:40
I read the passage you quoted (which is actually in the procmail man
page not procmailrc), but it doesn't directly answer my question (or
at least not at a level that I can make sense of).  The -p option
preserves the old environment, but says nothing about the order in
which things are processed.  And the passage below doesn't make it
clear whether in the absence of a named rcfile or -p, it processes the
global rc first and then the user rc, or just processes the global and
delivers.

And, despite the warning about root permissions, the full implications
aren't spelled out.  If this situation processes the global rc first
and then the user rc, does this also mean that the user rc runs as
root also?