Re: Processing /etc/procmailrc first?

2002-06-06 16:43:58
What led me to ask my original question was the fact that I do have a
global rc, and I was seeing situations where it wasn't coming first.
From my own digging, I realize my confusion has more to do with my
confusion over whether sendmail aliases get "delivered" by procmail,
or if sendmail expands them, then hands them to procmail (apparently
the latter).

So, if I have an alias that calls procmail with a named rc file which
forwards based on content, it doesn't go through the global rc till
sendmail has been called again and hands it off to a real address.

Which leaves me with a (probably equally stupid) question and a
comment:

Is there a way, while naming an rc in the procmail command, to have
the global rc processed first?

I don't know who you are Sean, so I may be criticizing one of the
procmail elite (a la the MS guy arguing with David Korn over ksh
specs).  That said, I found both your responses condescending at best,
and rude at worst.  Other posts of yours have a similar tone.  Maybe
that's just how you write, and if so there's not much to do about that.
Maybe you're tired of newbies asking the same questions over and over
and making the same stupid mistakes over and over, but if so maybe you
should stop responding to them and let other, more patient users
answer such questions.

I apologize if I asked a dumb question.  I apologize if I should have
understood the manpage without further clarification.  I apologize if
I should have figured out my mistake without posting to the list.  And
I apologize if my response to your first post contained some rudeness
of my own, but rudeness tends to ilicit rudeness.

But none of that excuses the tone of your responses.

http://pgp.mit.edu/                |