RE: Forward and return a message

2002-07-03 12:08:25
At 09:18 2002-07-03 +0100, Tim Skipper did say:
procmail: Executing " ( formail -rt -A "X-Loop:
NoReply(_at_)euro-share\(_dot_)com" \
                -I "From: NoReply(_at_)euro-share\(_dot_)com (No Reply robot)"
;\
                cat unwelcome.msg ) | $SENDMAIL -t"
procmail: Executing "/usr/sbin/sendmail,-oi,unwelcome(_at_)euro-share(_dot_)com"

...which seems to suggest it's sending the message, yet it doesn't.

The system mail log says what?  Is there a message in the mail queue?

Have you tried running the recipe within a sandbox (see my .sig), wherein you could see that the message is successfully passed to an external program? If so, then the problem would seem to be in the sendmail handling of the message...

Or, quite likely, the receipient mail server is (or their own spam filters are) refusing the message because of the euro-share\.com construct in the use of formail -- that escaped dot is ONLY for the regexp - re-read my original post - I DID NOT put backslashes in the formail texts.