RE: Problem

2002-07-07 07:09:54
On Sun, 7 Jul 2002, Hans Mobron wrote:

HM> Thanks for the reply. Can you also give your comment on the footnote? I made
HM> a change on it.
HM>
HM>
HM> --------------------------------------------
HM> Mobron internetdiensten
HM> Berlikumerweg 3
HM> 8811 HR Ried
HM> Tel: 0517-269016
HM> Mobiel: 06-55322390
HM> Fax: 0517-269924
HM> **********************************************************************
HM> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
HM> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
HM> are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
HM> the sender by replying the email and please remove
HM> the files from your computer.
HM>
HM> This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept
HM> for the presence of computer viruses by Norton anti virus 8.07 and updated
HM> automaticly.
HM> **********************************************************************

This is nowhere near comprehensive enough.  If I didn't understand English
and I received your email by mistake, how could I reply?

You should repeat it in all the worlds major languages - German, Spanish,
Russian, Chinese and Japanese at least.  You could also put in French to
stop them getting too depressed about the demise of their language.

When replying to email, you should also check the TLD of the original
message and add a further, localised translation if appropriate.  An
examination of the ip number in the first Received: header of the original
email might be useful for this purpose as well.

Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list. Personal
  email may invoke a password autoresponder. )