Re: full support for qmail ?

2002-08-10 03:41:43
hehehehe...
i just realised who you are :-)
i'm reading your book (the procmail companion) at this very moment, great
work, it's a good informative read, only at chapter 2 at this point.
your right, i'll post the last question to the list...

In principle, yes.  However, I believe one of the principles of qmail is
that it does not ever deliver mail as root, so it will try to deliver
mail to /Maildir/ as the recipient of the mail.  And they may not have
permission to write to that mail folder.

yeah, i'm on top of that, the recipe should have read

:0
* ^Subject : test
!address(_at_)a(_dot_)host(_dot_)com

The correctness or otherwise of the second recipe depends on the
arguments that you give to procmail where qmail invokes it.  Also, those
(-oi -f ...) are the flags that are given to the MTA when it is invoked.
Those are the usual flags that are used when invoking sendmail.  I don't
know if they work the same way when invoking qmail.

what i'm really trying to do is tell procmail to do nothing, pass the
message along, just ignore the email, if the first rule did not match...
isn't that what the -m switch is used for ?