Re: full support for qmail ?

2002-08-11 08:52:52
i need to filter email pre delivery to another mail host that will
then deliver mail to user accounts...

OK - now I see.

i want procmail to pass/pipe the message to the external prog if the first
rule is not matched so normal mail delivery can proceed....
so, i'm hoping the below recipe does exactly that... if the email does not
match the first recipe then pass the email to external prog....

I believe you have the right solution there.  Except that you might want
qmail-inject (insert a mail into the queue) rather than qmail-smtpd
(listen on port 25) but *DO* note my previous comments about being no
qmail expert!!

Additionally, you may want to put a 'w' flag on your second recipe (to
wait for the program to finish and check whether it returns
success/failure) and consider a third fall-back recipe that gets invoked
if the pipe to qmail-smtpd/inject fails for any reason.

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin McCarthy                 /</    http://procmail.non-prophet.org