Re: full support for qmail ?

2002-08-11 05:59:10
what i'm really trying to do is tell procmail to do nothing, pass the
message along, just ignore the email, if the first rule did not
match...  isn't that what the -m switch is used for ?

I believe the -m option is there to make it easy to invoke procmail to
provide a pre-delivery filter stage for sendmail and similar MTAs.  It
doesn't affect the behaviour of the recipes themselves as far as I am
aware.

As far as I understand what you're doing, you're wanting to use procmail
at the delivery stage.  And I guess that is why I'm having difficulty
with 'ignore' and 'pass it along' since there would be nothing to 'pass
it along to'.

Can you explain again what you mean by 'ignore a message'?  What should
be the result of ingoring a message?  Silently delete the message?
Deliver it to the recipient's mailbox?  (I presume it is neither of
those)

Martin
--
Martin McCarthy                 /</    http://procmail.non-prophet.org