Re: procmail/postfix/fetchmail dillemma

2002-09-03 13:16:30
On Tuesday 03 September 2002 11:58, you wrote:
On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Robin Lynn Frank wrote:

RLF> On Tuesday 03 September 2002 05:54, ProcMailER wrote:
RLF> > * Robin Lynn Frank <rlfrank(_at_)paradigm-omega(_dot_)com> [09-03-02
00:52]:
RLF> > > I discovered this when setting a new machine up to run
spamassassin. RLF> > > Local mail is running thru procmail correctly, but
what is hauled from RLF> > > remote servers by fetchmail never runs thru
procmail.  I'v examined the RLF> > > logs and they confirm that on local
mail is there.  We are receiving mail RLF> > > on this machine from remote
servers, but somehow it is bypassing RLF> > > procmail.  Any ideas on why
this is happening would be appreciated RLF> >
RLF> > Check ~/.fetchmailrc to see that procmail is configured as the mda,
RLF> >    mda '/usr/bin/procmail -d %T'
RLF>
RLF>
RLF> I should point out that this machine is running with /etc/fetchmailrc
RLF> and no .fetchmailrc in the /home/user directory.  In any event, I
RLF> tried that addition both as you typed it with single quotes and with
RLF> double quotes as shown in man procmail.  both ways, I get a parse
RLF> error at mda.

The fetchmail log should tell you where it is delivering the mail.

I will have to crank the verbosity up a couple of notches.

Where do you think Fetchmail is delivering the mail? Why do you think
that?

Obviously not to procmail.  I can send one message to a remote server and a
cc to a local address.  both get to  kmail which picks things up from
/var/spool/mail/user, but only the local mail leaves an entry in procmail.log.

What's in your fetchmailrc?

set logfile /home/user/tmp/fetchmail.log
set postmaster user
set bouncemail
set spambounce
poll mail.server1.com
        proto pop3
        user user1
        pass "#############"
        fetchall
        user user2
        pass "##############"
        fetchall
        user user3
        pass "##############*"
        fetchall
poll mail.server2.com
        proto pop3
        user user
        pass "##############*"
        fetchall
poll imap.server3.com
        proto imap
        user paradigm_omega
        pass "###########"
        fetchall

Is the FETCMAILUSER variable set?

no

Alan

Further information:

If I invoke fetchmail with  -m "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T" . the output goes to
procmail.  If I include mda=/usr/bin/procmail in the fetchmailrc and invoke
without the command line switches, it does not (the command line switches are
ignored within the fetchmailrc)

Robin