RE: Simple rule is not working

2002-09-12 09:39:34
At 10:07 2002-09-12 -0600, poperst did say:

:0 w:
* ^From: .*procmail-admin.*
${MAILDIR}/Procmail

Well, uh, it doesn't work because you're filtering on the From: header instead of the From_ (no colon) header. Inspect your mail and note the difference. You're not delivering to a program, so the 'w' flag is meaningless here.

FTR, when filtering mailing lists, there are usually several other headers which you can zone in on (say, to differentiate LIST messages from LISTADMIN messages).

Try putting your filter in a SANDBOX and running it against a saved mailbox until you tweak it right. See my disclaimer page for links to information.