Re: Simple rule is not working

2002-09-13 01:45:09
On Thursday, September 12, 2002, at 10:07 AM, poperst wrote:
:0 w:
* ^From: .*procmail-admin.*
${MAILDIR}/Procmail

:0
* ^List-Id:.*procmail.lists
$MLDIR/\(UnixStuff\)/procmail

is what I use.

The From: header doesn't contain "procmail-admin" on any messages I see, so that would explain the match failing. You are seeing "From procmail-admin" which is not the same as "From:"

As I understand it, List-ID is a better header to match on, if present, because the originating email address might change

The email address could easily change to "listserver" or "procmail-sender" or "lksedhjs.23" at random times.

--
You are responsible for your Rose  ||  Rule #5 Get Kirsten Dunst Wet
Heisenberg's only uncertainty was what pub to vomit in next and Jung fancied Freud's mother too. - Jared Earle