Re: Spamming list members

2002-09-12 10:20:07
spam spam spam. Originally this term came from a Monty Python skit, and
applied to ridiculous off-topic topics going 'round and 'round on bulletin
boards, wonderful spam!! Spam sausage eggs spam toast and spam!

Anybody who posts here on whether or not they love somebody enough or not
to  diddle their autoresponder certainly has enough time to do so.

IMO, of course.

I believe in autoresponders; I'm all for them. Or, you know you could just
/dev/null: so you murder the occasional helpful stranger, at least it's
polite. People who set their vacation autoresponders loose on mailing lists
deserve the same sanction originally proposed for people advertising false
DNS root.  People who strip your X-Loop headers and don't use any of their
own have a special ring in hell all of their own. Anybody who doesn't
whitelist their mailing list traffic is alt.test bait, figuratively
speaking; that, and a host of other issues are "netiquette", and there's
precious little agreement on that.

I also don't like e-mail pursuant to either mailing list or usenet
postings; but that's also netiquette, on which there's precious little
agreement. I also whitelist lists. Looks like I can blacklist this topic.

Nobody's e-mail is so precious and important that I have to read it.

--

Fred Morris
m3047(_at_)inwa(_dot_)net