Did you guys get the same spam?

2002-09-13 17:25:56
The email address I'm using is specifically for this mailing list, and I just
got my first spam from GT Toner Supplies.  I called them, and they said they
were sold my address from a promotional company.  It seems the procmail list
has been harvested.

Did anyone else get spammed from GT Toner Supplies?  It seems like we can
really take advantage of this, because they were stupid enough to include
their toll-free number.  I was also able to get their address:

GT Toner Supplies
3800 Industrial
Atlanta, GA 30136

I've heard that I can collect up to $300 for spam mail, by claiming that I
run a promotional email reading service, and that I charge $300 per email
read.  By sending me UCE (spam), it can be considered an automatic
solicitation of my business.

Is anyone interested in taking this angle and starting a class action lawsuit
against GT Toner?  If so, please email me.  If this project gains enough
supporters, I may contact the attorney general of Georgia (that is, if that
is the right approach).