Re: Did you guys get the same spam?

2002-09-13 20:09:44
I have drafted a form letter for LaTeX.  If anyone wants to participate in
going after GT Toner Supplies, change the first four fields in this letter
and run it through a LaTeX processor:

\def\myfirst{John }
\def\mylast{Doe }
\def\mycompany{\mylast Promotional Mail Reading Service }
\def\myaddress{123 Sesame Street\\Northridge, CA 91330}

\def\yourcompany{GT Toner Supplies }
\def\yourcompanyaddress{3800 Industrial\\Atlanta, GA 30136\\(866) 237-7397}

\documentclass{letter}
\signature{\myfirst \mylast}
\address{\mycompany\\\myaddress}

\setlength{\topmargin}{-10mm}
\setlength{\oddsidemargin}{10mm}
\setlength{\textwidth}{155mm}
\setlength{\textheight}{250mm}

\begin{document}

\begin{letter}{\yourcompany\\\yourcompanyaddress}

\opening{Dear \yourcompany,}

\mycompany appreciates your business.
We are a mail reading service, and read promotional email for \$300.00 per
message.
We have started receiving unsolicited commercial email from \yourcompany.

Your bill is as follows:

\begin{verbatim}

Email read on September 13th, 2002             $300

Total Due                                      $300

\end{verbatim}

Please send a check for the total amount to:

\myfirst \mylast\\
\myaddress

This check is due postmarked before 10/15/2002.
In the event of a failure to pay this bill,
\mycompany will take a civil action against \yourcompany to recover the
amount due.

Please remember that sending email to \mycompany is a solicitation of our
services,
and we will collect \$300.00 per message sent.
If \yourcompany wishes to no longer use our service,
simply refrain from sending unsolicited email to the \mycompany.

Again, we appreciate your business.

\closing{Thank you,}
\end{letter}

\end{document}