Re: ping (ignore) (was FW: A simple rule for IP1<>IP2)

2002-09-16 11:59:29
On 15 Sep, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

| [...]
|
| You like, didn't address your message to
procmail-list(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org, so
| you're not going to see the problem with hera.

I like, addressed it to procmail(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
intentionally. ;-)
The couple of messages I sent to procmail.org just disappeared. No
bounce. No nothing. Just Poof!  There's nothing I can learn from
that.[1]  Sending to this address was to see if it works for me. It was
also to dispel my notion that the list might be testing SMTP MAIL FROM:
(by initiating a new SMTP connection and using it as SMTP RCPT TO:)
before accepting mail. This would be a problem for me (see below), and
might've explained the behavior above -- appearing to accept the
message but bit-bucketing it instead.

[1] Except that I have to upgrade my mail client. I can't make the
current outdated version use sendmail -f, and it doesn't honor the
genericstable. The envelope sender on my posts is user unknown if it
gets back here. I know, shame on me. But I still don't think there were
any bounces because I'd have seen the attempted delivery and reject.

--
Reply to list please, or append "8" to "procmail" in address if you must.
Spammers' unrelenting address harvesting forces me to this...reluctantly.