Re: * ! ^FROM_DAEMON: User configurable Definition?

2002-09-28 09:15:20
John asked,

| The first line in evaluations should be:
|
| *  ! ^FROM_DAEMON

I agree with Alan that purported source addresses are worthless in identifying
spam.  Subjects, maybe; bodies and falsified routing, definitely.

Not able to check the man pages easily just now, I do believe that
^FROM_MAILER does not include "owner" or "bounce," so you might want to use
that instead.  If you want to come up with your complete homebrew regexp, by
all means do.  Then you can use it like this:

 FROMADAEMON="whatever_you_put_here"

and in recipes,

 :0
 * $ ! $FROMADAEMON
 whatever

DWT (admitting to having done that and having called it "FWUMDAEMON")