RE: * ! ^FROM_DAEMON: User configurable Definition?

2002-09-28 09:50:01
John Cottingham wrote:

The first line in evaluations should be:

*  ! ^FROM_DAEMON

But the definition when it expands includes some words that
crafty spammers are using in their reply-to including "owner"
and "bounce".

How can we prevent loops and still cause the evaluations to be tested?

We can be yet craftier than said Crafty Spammers.  Here's something
close to what I do:

 :0  # deliver Mailer Daemons, obviate spoofs
  *   ^From MAILER-DAEMON
  *   ^Return-Path:(.*\<)?<>
  * ! ^Reply-To:
  * !  Cc:
  * ! ^X-Mailer:
  * !  SUBJECT ?? ^^\[?ADV]?\>
  $DEFAULT

("$SUBJECT" had been previously set to the value of Subect:.)

--
Dallman Ross

"If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably does not lead to
anywhere."
        Thoughts of Rev. Sunnan Kubose, from _Zen in the Markets_